We're seeking an experienced C/C++ developer with 5 years of experience (outside of university) to work on our core product. The Massive SDK lets developers charge their users for premium services and in-app items with a little bit of their unused computing resources, rather than ads or money.
You’ll be joining a team of 12 full-time employees, two-thirds of whom are engineers. You’ll work alongside the CTO and Director of Engineering.
Jason Grad, Co-founder and CEO: Top-1% Yelp sales rep and founding member of Yelp’s national sales team; founder of 2 successfully acquired venture-backed startups, Cheerful and RCVR
Brian Kennish, Co-founder and CTO: Pre-IPO Google engineer, on the teams that launched Google’s first 3 APIs then the Chrome browser; developer of 7 subsequent apps with 1M+ active users, including Disconnect (privacy software available on ~1B users’ computers) and Adblock Fast (an ad blocker with 10M+ users)
Jael Taillefer, Director of Engineering: For the past 13 years, using modern stacks, he’s scoped, built, and architected highly scalable solutions to meet the demand for more speed and traffic
The Massive SDK is an alternative to current online monetization. The SDK lets developers charge their users for premium services and in-app items with a little bit of their unused computing resources, rather than ads or money.
The SDK works by analyzing available resources across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices and making that supply accessible to computing needs on the demand side, including scientific calculations, cryptocurrency mining, Monte Carlo simulations, and bandwidth sharing.
- Decomposition of high level tasks
- Design and implementation of new functionality for our products
- Support previous product versions
- Strong command of C/C++, Go, or Rust languages
- Good knowledge of OOP and design patterns
- Experience in source control (Git preferred or SVN)
- Good understanding of IP, TCP, and UDP network protocols
- Good knowledge of DNS and internet routing protocols (e.g., OSFP and BGP)
- Experience with systems and network programming
- 5+ years of experience
Would be a plus:
- Experience with WebRTC or other streaming clients
- Experience with interprocess interaction (XPC, sockets, agents, daemons, and helpers)
- Experience collecting telemetry from network and clients
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience with Kubernetes and cloud platforms (e.g., GKE or AWS)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment services (e.g., AppVeyor)
- Experience with network programming
- Intermediate or higher English proficiency
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of company objectives and how to meet goals efficiently
We’re solving some of the biggest networking and infrastructure challenges to help re-decentralized the internet. You’ll work on novel projects that grow your expertise and your innovation is welcome.
Flexible working schedule
Work when you want, from where you want. Our northstar is the quality and impact of work. We encourage finding the smartest ways to solve problems, rather than the most arduous.
Remote work encouraged
We are a fully distributed team. Work from wherever you want (as long as you have good connection).
Professional and friendly working environment
Our leadership team is comprised of serial entrepreneurs. We’ve built successful companies and aim to create a relaxed environment where engineers can focus on the projects that keep them happy and challenged at work.
- Ability to work remotely
- Unlimited sick and vacation days (with at least two weeks notice provided)
- Equity incentive plan (when the company wins, we all win together)
To apply please fill out this form.
Even if you’re not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications, if you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We’re dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the space, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or taking the next step in your career path, we’ll be glad to have you on our radar. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in Massive and what you hope to bring to this role.