We're seeking an experienced HR Specialist with 3-5 years of professional experience to support our recruiting, onboarding, and employee engagement activities. If you have some experience in recruiting and you’re an excellent organizer and communicator, we’d like to meet you. As an HR Specialist, you get to be part of the employee lifecycle from start to finish. You will have a diverse role in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
You‘ll be joining a team of 12 full-time employees, two-thirds of whom are engineers. You’ll work alongside the Director of Operations.
Jason Grad, Co-founder and CEO: Top-1% Yelp sales rep and founding member of Yelp’s national sales team; founder of 2 successfully acquired venture-backed startups, Cheerful and RCVR
Brian Kennish, Co-founder and CTO: Pre-IPO Google engineer, on the teams that launched Google’s first 3 APIs then the Chrome browser; developer of 7 subsequent apps with 1M+ active users, including Disconnect (privacy software available on ~1B users’ computers) and Adblock Fast (an ad blocker with 10M+ users)
- Coordinate full-cycle recruiting activities
- Undertake applicant communication
- Draft job descriptions and post them on the job boards
- Help with resume screening and initial phone screens
- Schedule interviews
- Process background checks and draft offer letters
- Cooperation with universities (conducting info sessions and engaging students in early stages)
- Handle records and paperwork
- Coordinate new hire onboarding (e.g. drafting orientation plans, scheduling training sessions)
- Conduct new hire orientation sessions
- Ensure continuous employee engagement by organizing team meetings and social activities
- Meet with the employees to get a pulse on how they are doing
- Assist on employee engagement surveys
Other People Operations activities
- Assist in facilitating performance management
- Assist employees in People Operations-related questions like leaves, benefits, etc.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the employee experience
- Assist in Learning and Development activities
- Experience in recruiting and onboarding
- Experience in using social networks for recruiting
- Comfortable working in remote working environments with a global team
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to anticipate problems and be flexible in solving problems
Would be a plus:
- Proficient in Excel, Sheets, Keynote, and other business tools
- 3–5 years of professional experience
Please submit this form to apply.
Even if you’re not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications, if you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We’re dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the space, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or taking the next step in your career path, we’ll be glad to have you on our radar. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in Massive and what you hope to bring to this role.