We’re seeking an experienced director of security and compliance. You’ll be responsible for both proactive and reactive interaction and conflict resolution with antivirus and other security vendors to avoid or mitigate detections of Massive software or 3rd-party partners utilizing the Massive SDK.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for working with 3rd-party partners to resolve any issues where they’re legitimately detected by a security vendor. You’ll also help build processes to quickly identify when there is a detection or other security issue with Massive SDK or a 3rd-party partner within our app ecosystem.
Massive is 100% opt-in and actively collaborates with antivirus vendors to ensure compliance to the highest standards.
Jason Grad, Co-founder and CEO: Top-1% Yelp sales rep and founding member of Yelp’s national sales team; founder of 2 successfully acquired venture-backed startups, Cheerful and RCVR
Brian Kennish, Co-founder and CTO: Pre-IPO Google engineer, on the teams that launched Google’s first 3 APIs then the Chrome browser; developer of 7 subsequent apps with 1M+ active users, including Disconnect (privacy software available on ~1B users’ computers) and Adblock Fast (an ad blocker with 10M+ users)
Alexander Martin-Bale, Advisor: Former CTO of Adaware/Avanquest
Andrew Browne, Advisor: Former director of Adaware/Avanquest’s malware lab
Johanna Johnson, Advisor: Microsoft antimalware engineer for nearly a decade
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience resolving conflicts with external companies
- Experience coordinating projects across multiple organizations
Would be a plus:
- Background in computer security, especially in the antivirus space
- Experience with computer privacy issues or compliance
- Experience developing customer-facing applications
- Experience or detailed knowledge of cryptocurrency (e.g., being able to articulate why all cryptomining isn’t malicious)
- Knowledge of Section 230 Safe Harbor issues
- Knowledge of contemporary global privacy laws, including GDPR, CCPA, India IT Act, and others
Anywhere in a time zone between EST and PST preferred; we've found that large time differences can be tough in a small team; you don’t need to be in the US
Send info to firstname.lastname@example.org
Even if you’re not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications, if you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We’re dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the space, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or taking the next step in your career path, we’ll be glad to have you on our radar. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in Massive and what you hope to bring to this role.